Tonga

Elder Swan is serving in the Tonga Nuku'alofa Mission from July 2013 to July 2015



Thursday, September 19, 2013

Tonga here I come!!!! 9/5/2013

On my way     
I LEAVE IN 3 DAYS!!!!

     Holy cow... Time really does fly! It still feels like I have been here a week... But also 6 months. I don't know it's kinda weird! I leave on Sunday which is also my Birthday! We leave the MTC and fly to L.A. We have a 7 hour layover and then it's a 12 hour flight to FIJI and another 8 hour layover then
a 2-3 hour flight to Tonga! Honestly I can't wait. I am still freaking out about the language but I know the Lord will help me every step of the way.


   So not much has happened in the MTC besides the same thing everyday. Except yesterday we got to host the new missionaries. It was a blast! Later that night my companion and I were recommended by somebody to teach the new missionaries "How to begin teaching" It was kinda scary but really fun. There are six companionship's recommended and we were one of them. So about 40 missionaries sit in this room and they make it look like a house. They get an investigator and put him in it and we show up and knock and somehow get in the house where we get to know them and begin to teach them. We had to teach two investigators it is so much fun and the spirit really is amazing! It totally guides you. Also it is unbelievable to me how in 10 minutes you can feel love for the people you teach! I love it! This work is amazing and I can't wait to get out there in the field! Next time you hear from me I will be in Tonga! With actual stories not MTC stories Ha Ha. I love you all so much and can't wait to tell you all about the Tongan people. I am going to the Provo Temple for the last time in 2 years today. The Temple is my favorite place in the world! I'll talk to you later. Te toko sio!
Elder Swan and Elder Diehl

'Ofa atu,
Elder Swan    
Happy Birthday Tyler   (Thanks Lindsey)
Birthday Party!!!! 
IT'S P- DAY

No comments:

Post a Comment