Tonga

Elder Swan is serving in the Tonga Nuku'alofa Mission from July 2013 to July 2015



Friday, January 17, 2014

1st Transfer and Cyclone all in one week 1/12/2014

Well, first off I don't know if you have heard about the Cyclone. We were listening to the radio and it said it was a category 4 which I think is pretty bad. Luckily where I am we didn't get hit hard at all but it was still pretty scary. Ha'apai got hit really hard and this week people on Tongatapu have been getting things together to send over there to help them out! Also some of Vava'u got hit but not too hard. However, for me, I have never seen anything or heard anything like that in my life. It was SUPER windy and rainy and I got very little sleep because of the noise. 

And now for other big news I'm finally getting transferred! I had an interview with the President last week and he told me I was being transferred this week, so I waited to find out where... And guess what....... I'm actually moving this time haha! The Zone Leaders told me last night I'm going to Vava'u! I'm so excited to get outta this area with a new start!  Unfortunately they don't know what part of Vava'u or who my companion is! So I'll find out soon I guess! I think I leave on an 18 hour boat ride tomorrow! We go from here to Ha'apai and then to Vava'u! That will be fun... Haha 

About our investigators! We weren't able to do much work this week because our Villages' team was in the Finals of a Rugby Tournament! So If you know Tonga... God, Family, Rugby! There was nobody home! Also Sione had work all week. We teach him tonight! So I'm hoping to share something with him to help him find the truthfulness of this Gospel and help begin the rest of his search for eternal life! Masii, Ko Ngaue i heni ko  Faka'ofo'ofa aupito! I love this work. It's the work of God! Sorry this is short, I'm kinda in a hurry to go and get packed up! 

I love you all soo much and miss ya like crazy but Hey, you only serve a mission once, and only a select few get to serve in Misiona Tonga! So with that I thank my Heavenly Father! And all of you for preparing me the best you could!

Ofa lahi atu kiate kimoutolu!

Elder Suani!
Celebrating a Birthday Party!

 Lot's of good food

So we went to visit Miss Tonga... Sadly she wasn't home but I tried
on her Sash...  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment