Tonga

Elder Swan is serving in the Tonga Nuku'alofa Mission from July 2013 to July 2015



Monday, January 19, 2015

Balancing Act and Setting Goals 1/18/2015



So... I am sorry about last week! We went to the church to e-mail and it took a hour to load so we just gave up! So the e-mail for 2 weeks ago... Notta

But this week went really well. We started it off on Monday and had a Family Home Evening with Kalisi and her husband Mafi who is less active. The lesson was very spiritual and he seemed to understand it very well. We have not taught them since which scares me a bit but we are talking with the fellowshipping family and setting it up! On Tuesday after teaching the District meeting we had a vilo hoa or Comp exchange. The two Elders in Lotofoa came to Pangai and we worked here. I went with Elder Tangitau and we worked in half of the area as the other two worked in the other half. At 6:00 p.m. we had a ward mission meeting! Before hand I had asked the Bishop if I could instead of reporting do a teaching. He said Yes! So myself and Elder Tangitau took 20 min. to teach "The Balancing Act" or "Me'a fua" It is how we are going to accomplish our goals this year. Before I started I asked the Bishop if they had a ward goal for baptisms this year (last year was 20) He told me he wanted to take it down because they only got 6 last year so he told me 15.... I said that's good... The goal that we set for this ward and the goal that we want to work for is 40 baptisms in 2015. His face showed it all.. Hahaha. I then taught the balancing act which teaches us how to balance finding, teaching, baptize, retain and re-activate! By baptism we need to find and teach and retain and re-activate. By re-activating we must find, teach, baptize and retain. They all work together and we can't only be good at a few of them! We must be good at all of them and when we are good is when we reach our goal! On Wednesday we went on a vilo hoa with our Bishop and we visited a few less actives and found a new investigator. So hopefully that goes well.
Tomorrow is our Zone Conference with President! So I'm excited for that! I am excited to learn from him!
Transfers are next week but we already know them! Elder Freer and Elder Berry are leaving.  Freer is a Zone Leader.

I love you all!!
Elder Swan

My new Tupenu


Me and Elder Kaufusi 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment