Tonga

Elder Swan is serving in the Tonga Nuku'alofa Mission from July 2013 to July 2015



Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Arriving at the MTC July 31 2013

Dear Family,
     Well my first day at the MTC is really long! We dropped off my luggage and got my books and went straight to class.
      Dinner was okay, because I think I was expecting worst.
      My companion name is Elder Diehl! He went to Pleasant Grove and Ran Cross Country. He’s a real cool guy we get along really well. We had a teaching experience with a guy he was a sophomore in college and went on and told us a story about his brother who committed suicide, and started bawling. It’s amazing how the spirit and Holy Ghost can tell you exactly what to say to get information to help. The spirit is so strong and everyone is so close.
      I’m rooming with six Elder’s we are with all the Tongan’s, Samoan’s, Fijians and other, so it’s like a party once we all get to our rooms. I’ve had fun so far! I was just told that I teach my first lesson in Tongan on Friday! That is in two days and I know absolutely nothing! My P-Days are Thursday…. I’ve seen Zach Andrews, Jordan Beach, Taylor Dibble, Parker Roberts, Cole Myers and a few others from Jordan.
     I’m excited to start Tongan! It’s going to be hard but I’m ready. Tomorrow is a long day also, not sure what’s in store for me. HOLY COW THESE TONGAN’S/POLYS ARE SO LOUD!!! They are hilarious! I like everyone so far. Nobody is really nerdy. A lot of them play sports.
      Oh yea, send me a letter telling me where everything is! I can’t find anything.
      I love you guys so much and miss you already!
                                                                ‘Ofa Atu! Elder Swan

No comments:

Post a Comment