Tonga

Elder Swan is serving in the Tonga Nuku'alofa Mission from July 2013 to July 2015



Wednesday, August 14, 2013

2 days...... Zone Leader!

Malo e lelei Famili!
     I sure could use you guys right now. This is so hard! I’ve never done anything harder. Today we had to teach an investigator a lesson in all Tongan! It was so hard, we can’t understand a word he says. We have six hours of language study a day. By 1:00 pm I have headaches. But I have huge news.
     Yesterday we meet our Branch President, he interviewed everyone in our zone, which is 60 Elders and Sisters. He called Elder Grant who is from our room and myself and Elder Diehl my companion out into the hall way. He told Elder Grant that he is District Leader. Then went on and told us that we were the new ZONE LEADERS! Can you believe it? I can’t! I’ve been here 2 days! So with that, the language and the endless days! I’m beat and discouraged! But I’ll be alright the Tongans know how to cheer us up. I’m so happy here. Even tho it’s insanely hard. I’ll make it.
     I just can’t wait for Sunday, I’ve heard Sundays are amazing here. I pray constantly for help and guidance and for you guys. I can’t wait for days to move a little faster. My brain is fried, but the spirit is always here it keeps me going, along with my companion and Tongan brothers. I don’t get a lot of sleep because some of the Elders snore so loud. Oh well! At least they sleep. I’m trying my best and hopefully God see’s that and blesses me with the gift of tongues. I love you guys so much I already miss you like crazy. I’ve got to go and try to fall asleep before they do.

 ‘Ofa Atu, Elder Swan

No comments:

Post a Comment