Tonga

Elder Swan is serving in the Tonga Nuku'alofa Mission from July 2013 to July 2015



Friday, September 13, 2013

Tonga needs some Elder Swan :) 8/29/2013








     Well Family, Friends, Blog, Whoever sees this?? This week flew by. It was one of the harder weeks as it seems I have hit a wall in the language.  It is tough, but I'll make it with God on my side. We got to hear from Elder Neil L. Anderson on Tuesday night! It was really cool to hear what he had to say. He spoke about "Love and Sacrifice" How we sacrifice the things we love and love the things we sacrifice. He went on to tell us how if our Testimony's are strong enough we can touch peoples souls by them and leave a lasting impression by just a few simple words. He also said if you Work hard and with your full heart, might, mind, and strength then we will be successful and our work will be great. It was a really cool devotional. After it was poring rain and we had to walk back to our class and room and got absolutely soaked. It looked as if we found a pool and jumped into it with our suits on. I guess God is preparing us for Tonga :)
     I had the opportunity to do a TRC and teach some Tongans from Tonga that were going to school in Hawaii and just graduated and were visiting Utah. My Companion/ Hoa got to teach them and It was sooo cool! They said they could understand everything we were saying and that we were better than the Tongans from Utah.. Hahahah What a compliment! But after, we were talking and they ended up knowing my Grandma and Grandpa!!! Small world. They were so cool.
  The guy i taught was named Tefito/ David. The girl was Mafi. The other guy was a twin of Tefito and his name was Patrick! They are going to try and see us when we get to Tonga! I am so excited for my last week in the MTC. I gotta get out! Tonga needs some Elder Swan haha :) I miss you all and Love you all! 
'Ofa atu,

Eleta Suani









No comments:

Post a Comment