Tonga

Elder Swan is serving in the Tonga Nuku'alofa Mission from July 2013 to July 2015



Saturday, August 24, 2013

Ghost Stories 8/22/13



Oh Cute!!!!


     This week has been really great! I have some days that I really struggle with! But other than that it is good. Last Saturday we had a TRC, which is where we teach someone we have never met before that speaks Tongan. It was scary! We were not able to use notes but we took them with us just in case and it really helped us because we struggled. On Tuesday our teacher said when we do progressive investigators form now on we can't take any vocab in, just our Tongan scriptures and the Holy Ghost/ Laumalie Ma`oni`oni. You really learn how to rely on the spirit and listen for guidance. But it's so much better and helps us with learning the language, but it kills us.
     I can't wait to get outta here and learn Tongan over there and teach all those amazing people that need me. :)
     Me and Elder Freer are still best buds along with my companion Elder Diehl. Elder Freer is from Mountain Home Idaho. He played football but didn't like it even though he was pretty good. He prefers wake boarding, snowboarding and dirt biking. Even though I threw him across the room we are still tight. Ha Ha.
     I want you to know all the blessings that we are all receiving, the Lord won't put us through anything that we can not handle. As for me I will be in Tonga... :) going through trials left and right! Our teachers were telling us stories about all the bad spirits and ghost stories in Tonga. It's pretty freaky stuff. Sounds like it'll be an interesting 2 years :) and I can't wait!!! I love you all!

`ofa lahi atu,

Eleta Suani





No comments:

Post a Comment