Tonga

Elder Swan is serving in the Tonga Nuku'alofa Mission from July 2013 to July 2015



Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Swan Perfume WHAT? 11/24/2013

     Sorry it's late and I'm almost out of time. I had to ask a member so I am on a member's computer. (Only like 4 people have computers here...) But I am grateful. This week was good! We worked a little harder and got along. Everything is going good! Anyway we got two new missionaries in our district they came over and slept at our MQ while we went out and worked. After that we went back and checked on them around 6 and they were just leaving. Both had on one of my ties. So I said hey those are my nice ties and one of them was a gift from someone so he gave it back. Next time when something is taken I will read the ten commandments and tell them to fakatomala (repent). Haha... But we did get a few lessons in this week. We ran into Maiata this morning and without bringing it up she said "I want to get baptized!" I was like WHAT?? But her parents won't let her so we are just praying and fasting. She is a really cool girl. Hey I met someone from Utah and I am giving her some letters and corned beef. If you don't get the corned beef go buy some. Haha!! Anyway they run a little store and they named a perfume after me~ Swan~ and one after my companion Kaumavae. Mavae translates to Divorce so they named it Divorce hahahah! But the family is amazing. They are the ones that got us to teach Maiata.

     On Friday it was pouring rain and they told us to stay home and study when it rains. I found a May 2012 Liahona Conference edition and read a few talks. One that really hit me was called "Mountains to Climb" after I read that talk I read my Patriarchal Blessing and I just feel like I'm here for a special reason. Not here in Tonga.. But here in Life.. I don't know why or for what, but I am gonna find out. I love you MOM! DAD! TAN! PARKER!

My dream and goal in life is to MAKE A DIFFERENCE. That's what I'll be doing for these next 2 years and my life.
Until next week, I love you all
'Ofa lahi atu Kiate kimoutolu!
Elder Swan

No comments:

Post a Comment