Tonga

Elder Swan is serving in the Tonga Nuku'alofa Mission from July 2013 to July 2015



Thursday, August 7, 2014

Osi lava ta'u e taha! 8/3/2014

Sunday Dinner ( Noodles, Corned Beef, Sweet Potatoes, Chicken & Luu!)
Family and friends,

This week was pretty good! We are still getting a lot of success in the Houma and Mangia area. Ha'akio is still slow.  But we did have 1 lesson with a man who is 38 named 'Oti. His wife's family is LDS and lives in America! We taught him and invited him to be baptized when he receives his answer and he said yes! So that was cool! I know he felt the Spirit working and it was a cool experience! In Mangia we have been teaching 2 brothers. Sitaleki is 10 and Sitiveni is 15ish.  They both really have a desire to learn about the gospel. Sitaleki is getting baptized this Saturday and we are praying Sitiveni will join him! Sitiveni has said he wants to get baptized but he is just nervous what his friends will think of him! Actually his 2 best friends are the sons of the Wesleyan preacher. So that's hard for him! But I know he will choose the right and overcome his shyness and do whats right!  Their parents weren't really nice to us at first but are opening up and gave their kids the freedom to choose if they want to be baptized! So That was a successful week for us!

Because I have been out a year now... I want to just reflect to my family the things that I have learned. I have learned many things I never would have if I didn't come on my mission! When I first stated my mission I had a strong belief that it was true. In all honestly I didn't know. I've lived off of others' testimonies. But I had a belief. I know that that's not the best way to start a mission but it wasn't long before that belief turned to knowledge! The best things I've received on my mission have been knowledge! I know 100% that this is the one and only true Gospel on the earth! I know that Joseph Smith is a true prophet of God and that he really did see the Father and His Son Jesus Christ. I know that the Book of Mormon is truly another Testament of Jesus Christ and that it contains the fullness of the Gospel! If we live by the teachings in that little blue book, then life becomes easy! It's not the gospel that is hard, it's life, the gospel is a gift from God to help make life easy! I've learned death is a part of life, in a way yes, its sad! But if you look at it the way it really is, it's happy. It means the one who has passed overcame the challenges of this nasty world, and made it to his/her eternity! What an accomplishment for them! And knowing that in a very short amount of time we will be with them again! That is what is so beautiful about this Gospel! If we live it we receive eternal life! With our loved ones! And with our Father in Heaven, and our Savior. But the thing that I have learned and cherish the most would be my knowledge of the Atonement of my Savior and Redeemer. I know of a surety that He came to earth and accomplished the impossible! I know that He went to the Garden of Gethsemane and shed his blood for me. I am eternally grateful towards Him for that! I often think how many of the drops of blood He shed were for me. Then I read that they are all for me, they were all for you! It was so painful that He, the Son of God asked if there be another way "but thy will be done" Fully committing himself to the will of the Father. I know that He died on the cross and on the 3rd day overcame death so that we all may overcome death! He is our Savior and our Redeemer and it is through Him that we are saved in the kingdom of God! This testimony which I have received I know is true. I will protect it with my life and I will continue to build it up! I owe everything to my family and friends that have helped me to make the decision to serve and to my mission for the things I have learned! I look forward to this next year and the many wonderful things I have to learn!

Luke 12:15, Matt 6:19-21
Romans 5:7-8
For those struggling with sicknesses and trials of any kind I ask that you read Romans 8:16-18
I love you all and pray you will all overcome these challenges that are only to help us grow!

Elder Swan

 I'm starting family search and trying to find names I can do in the temple! Will you please ask Grandma and Grandpa for any information!?? I would really love their help! I've been reading the stuff about my ancestors and I can definitely feel them here with me and the Spirit of Elijah! Also please have dad call grandpa Swan because I'm enthralled about George Swan the Father of George Alexander Swan! Please get me some info and then e mail it to me! I'll print it out and do what I can! If you can help me find names also! I love you so much! Thank you!
Deep in study

We walk in this darkness everyday.....

They tunu'd 11 pigs for a Missionary coming home!
If possible please buy a pig for me to tunu when I get home

Over the HUMP!!!


This reminds me of something????

No comments:

Post a Comment