Tonga

Elder Swan is serving in the Tonga Nuku'alofa Mission from July 2013 to July 2015



Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Another great week 12/14/2014

Elder Nielsen, Pres. Tupou and their wives with the
missionaries of Ha'apai

Four of my best friends
 Well, another week of great work. This area has been really slow for awhile as you know. This past week though, it was beautiful! We found 2 more investigators that want to be baptized. One is 16 and the other is only 14 but we asked them to invite their families so hopefully we'll be teaching their families soon also! Pita or our backdoor neighbor already left to Tonga so I'm praying he comes back soon and we can help him out more. We have 3 solid investigators and also a few potentials! We are excited and having a really good time!

Last night we had a musical fireside... That is where it's mostly singing and then a few talks. The talks were all really good and the spirit was so strong. But the songs.... were awful!!! We missionaries started off by singing "Mou Ha'u Kainga" or "Oh come all ye Faithful." The first verse went great but one of us (and I won't say who) messed up on the first line of the second verse.. which resulted in him laughing and then all of us began to laugh. It was so embarrassing! The most embarrassed I have been on my mission for sure! Also the other songs weren't very great either.. What's worse is that we had 10 invites there and we looked so immature. But even though it was bad, I'm sure the spirit was there. Everyone was laughing and having a good time, so that was good.

My beloved companion Elder Tu'itavuki is going to Vava'u this week. So I will be getting a new Tongan companion. His name is Elder Loketi and I'm praying that he will be obedient and want to work because the work is progressing here. But from what I've heard and seen in the past I'm not quite sure.

We also got to meet with Elder Gifford Nielsen and his wife and also Pres. Tupou and his wife. Elder Nielsen is in the 70's and came and met with all 11 of us missionaries in Ha'apai. He taught us many wonderful things, but something new that I learned is one of the reasons why I am serving in Tonga. He said a big reason why we are sent to our missions is because of the mission President and his wife. It's because they will teach us something that we need to learn! So I'm here to learn from them. Also many other things! I wish I could tell you everything I learned but that would take ages!
I love you all so much!
I got my Christmas boxes! Thank you so much
I will call you guys on your Christmas day!!
I gotta go mom I love you so much and can't wait to talk to you!
Ofa atu!
Elder Swan

No comments:

Post a Comment