Tonga

Elder Swan is serving in the Tonga Nuku'alofa Mission from July 2013 to July 2015



Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Missionary work is alive in Mu'a 2/8/2015

So first off.... You know you're almost done when the office couple texts you and asks for your parents e-mail and what airport you will be flying into...

Well, this week was really good! We got off to a very good start baptizing Tu'i on Tuesday and also Akanesi on Saturday! I didn't really get to teach Tu'i but I did teach Akanesi 3 lessons before so I got to know her and I am super happy for her decision to be baptized and covenant with the Father to always remember His Son. Because I haven't witnessed a baptism since Houma as I watched each of them go under that beautiful water I felt the Spirit so strongly testifying of the truthfulness of that ordinance being performed by a man with Gods authority! We also had an investigator who is preparing to enter into the waters of baptism show up to both baptisms! His name is Kaloseti and he is a referral from the two missionaries in my district. We met him Tuesday and since then have taught him 2 lessons! In PMG it says we are here to find Gods elect and bring them home. This 24 year old man is one of the elect and it's his time to come and drink of the waters of eternal life!

This area is truly alive in missionary work! The past month there has been 7 baptisms! The members have really gotten on board let's just pray they stay on. We also found a family~ Two of the kids were baptized last week and there are still two who haven't been baptized and also their father. The dad says he believes 90% of the Gospel and he actually obeys the word of wisdom and family home evening to an extent! He just has a few questions one being about proxy ordinances... That was a tough question to answer. We answered it by teaching the Plan of Salvation. He says that we shouldn't force people to be baptized after they are dead. So we explained it to him and the reasons why we do it and that they can either accept it or deny it. They still have freedom of choice! So we are going back to him on Wednesday. I'm excited! I pray this work keeps rolling!

I met one of my old investigators from Tofoa! She was dating one of the members there and so we were teaching her. We set up a baptismal date but her boyfriend left to New Zealand so she wanted to wait for him to come back so she could have someone to go to church with. Well, I ran into her here and guess what!!! She is married to that same dude and they are going to be sealed in June!! How amazing is that! It reminds me of my purpose here which is obviously to baptize people but we must "Begin with the end in mind" which the end is God's vision for his Children. D&C 84:38

Well family!! I love you and pray you are doing well. Sorry the computers here won't let me send pictures... So I apologize!!
Ofa atu!!
Elder Swan

I am still a District Leader, we had a meeting this week with all the DL's in Tonga and it was really cool. President made the DL's sound like the best missionaries in the mission. He said that we are the backbone to the mission and we determine how the mission runs!

I found out I was leaving Ha'apai on Monday morning at like 8:00 a.m. and I was with the Zone's running around doing things until 3:00 when we left for Tonga!
Mu'a is actually a pretty big area. A lot bigger than any of my other areas besides Tofoa.
My companion is good but he is a jokster... even during lessons... it's kinda hard. He likes putting me down just to make others laugh.

I'm happy to be here but sad I had to leave my small islands. I really wanted to finish out there!!!
I love you all :)



No comments:

Post a Comment