Tonga

Elder Swan is serving in the Tonga Nuku'alofa Mission from July 2013 to July 2015



Monday, April 13, 2015

We all need to re-invent ourselves... 4/12/2015

This week has been pretty good! Obviously Conference tops it off! We had a companionship exchange with the Zone Leaders and I had a good time with Elder Tangi meeting a lot of new less-active members! We didn't teach as much as we did last week but we had a few teachings and are planning for 2 to 3 baptisms this week! The work is going good but I would like to focus more on conference and the things I learned this week. 

As I sat through conference I had 10-15 questions I need answers to written down on a paper. I've been praying for answers for weeks and In the first session on Saturday morning they were all almost answered. So I thought "oh man, I need more questions, God is giving out free answers today!!" so I prayed and thought of more questions. I had all my questions answered except for 1... The one that is bugging me most haha. I guess God's letting me think this one out.. But I realized how much we all need to change. As the world gets worse and worse everyday we must get better and better everyday. I really enjoyed President Eyrings talk when he talked about "Distractions and Deceptions". Satan uses almost everything we have as a distraction to get us to fall. Cell phones, video games, movies, friends, drugs, books, electronics, and anything you can think of. As we take our minds off the prize and take a look in Babylon then we lose the spirit and lose what we could have learned that day. 
I also learned that after we have done all we can do to help loved ones who have strayed is that we must watch, and wait, and love. It may take 16 years. But God will work his miracles if we just give him room to do it!

I learned a lot of priceless things this week in which I'll carry with me to eternity.
I love you all so much.
Elder Swan

No comments:

Post a Comment