Tonga

Elder Swan is serving in the Tonga Nuku'alofa Mission from July 2013 to July 2015



Tuesday, April 7, 2015

The Gospel is True~ 4/5/2015



Good golly miss molly this week was great!!

We got to teach 2 more new investigators and were able to set dates for them too!! How great is that!! The work truly is just flying! God is amazing and blesses us according to our faith to share the Gospel! There are so many people that are willing to listen they just don't know how to go about it. So that's why we need members to invite. Members are full-time finders! If they don't invite it makes the missionaries go knock doors which is very very ta'eaonga (Not useful). So we had a few members leave their comfort zone and invite some people to be taught!! Really taking a leap of faith!! Well both those investigators have baptism dates now. Now we just need to teach and watch the Holy Ghost testify of the truth and change them! Right now we have 7 investigators and 5 of them have dates and 3 of them are for sure. If you remember Pala whom we taught he wanted to get baptized but his parents wouldn't let him. So he turned 18 but in Tonga it is SUPER disrespectful to go behind the parents back and do it without them knowing. So we went and asked permission to baptize him. His grandpa is the head of the house so we asked him. He said No.. We began to bare testimony and try to explain why he wants to be baptized. He just began to say how "You have NO authority to do this work!!" "You guys are wrong!!" And mocking us. We went back again and that time he had a very big boil on his arm. He again started making fun of us by saying "If you have the authority you can take this off of my arm! Tell it to go away!!" So I told him that it requires faith on his part and that he had none in us. So I told him I would smack it instead and I walked up and acted like I was gonna hit it and he jumped back and we all just cracked up! If we don't talk about the Gospel with this man, he is very nice! But, we have to share the word of life!! Anyway, Pala came and told us "With or without permission I want to be baptized" So we thought about what may happen to him and prayed and thought about what to do. We thought that yes, maybe he'll lose his house on this earth, but God is preparing a mansion for him in heaven. The blessings of the Gospel are worth so much more than anything else. He see's that and will do what he can to get it! What kind of Faith is that??? If only we all had that faith to give all we have, our family, our house, everything, just to follow Christ. He is truly an example to me. 

So Due to conference next week, we plan to baptize them on the 18th! 

It was also Uike Fakaafe (Invite week) So all the members invited less-actives and non members to come to church!! It was PACKED!!!! It was so cool and really spiritual as we learned about the Atonement of Christ and all he did for us! 

That is about all I have to share with you! I know that Christ lives and loves us. I know that he has again restored his Gospel upon the earth and given us the proper authority to do his work. The priesthood authority can bring forth many mighty miracles if we but use it correctly and are worthy to use it. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is Gods Kingdom on the earth.

I love you all and wish you a Happy Easter. About 2 years ago I opened my mission call in Draper Utah, 670 days later I have become a man. I have learned through many hard and tough trials and experiences that this Gospel is true. I have developed a sure Testimony of these things I teach everyday. I have become a Disciple of Christ. The gospel will always be the center of my life and I will always go where it takes me!

I love you all so much! God bless each and every one of you.

Elder Swan
I chopped the 2 chickens heads off...
They are sitting on the stump!!
!

No comments:

Post a Comment