Tonga

Elder Swan is serving in the Tonga Nuku'alofa Mission from July 2013 to July 2015



Monday, May 18, 2015

God lives and Loves us 5/17/2015

Okay not much this week. We keep working hard but so is Satan. 

The good news is something I've been waiting to share since last week. We met a new investigator named Kofe Manoa. She is 21 and searching for answers. Two weeks ago on Tuesday the 5th of May at 5 o'clock pm ALL of our plans and back up plans fell through. All of the sudden a girl from our ward called us and asked if we were free to come and teach her friend. We were free so we went over there and met Kofe. We got to know her a little bit and answered some questions she had. We asked for another day we can continue talking. She told us to come back the next day Wednesday the 6th. So we went to her house and just started talking to her and taught a lesson. As we were leaving she ran out and gave us a note. When we got home we read it and it said "Really need some help guys. I'm scared. Please pray for me. Ofa atu." When we read it we were kind of nervous and scared and curious and wondering what the heck it could be. So we went over the next day and began our lesson. Half way through she looked like she wasn't paying attention and that something was on her mind. My companion asked her if she had something on her mind. She said yes. Then I asked if she wanted to share it with us. She began telling us that she has been smoking and has tried to stop and she cant. She's scared because when she doesn't smoke she feels like her life is useless. I can't remember much of what happened after that but all I know is that I bore testimony that God loves Her and knows her and wants to help her. I told her He is so happy and excited that she sought help from His servants and is seeking help from Him. I told her that her life means the world to so many people including us. I told her that the search she was on is over and that she has found happiness in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. With tears in our eyes my companion continued telling her that She is loved and that through Christ she can quit smoking. She told us that on Monday she was wondering what to do and finally she said a prayer asking for help. This is the Miracle. She prayed on a Monday. We came the next day. God lives and loves his children and He answers their prayers. Even though things may seem impossible to us on earth. It may seem impossible for us to stop doing things like smoking, looking at bad things on the Internet or any type of addiction. But when we ask God for help it immediately becomes easy because He loves us and wants us to follow Him. So if we are trying to follow Him then he will take our burdens and trials of any sort and put them upon His own back. He will make our pathway easy.. So if any of you are struggling with anything I invite you to ask our loving Father in Heaven for His help and I promise that it, whatever it is you're struggling with will become easy to overcome!

God lives and helps those who seek it.

Ofa atu!

Elder Swan

I finally got to go to the Temple this week but I totally forgot my camera! What a blessing it is to go to the house of The Lord. It almost brought me to tears. I was in the celestial room with everyone and I closed my eyes to say a prayer and I feel like it was 3 minutes later I looked up and I was alone with one other Elder. I just kept thanking the Lord for the opportunity I had to feel His presence and love. I sat for awhile until I was the last one there and finally I said thank you again and left. I asked president if I can go next week too. We are so blessed to live so close to a Temple. I didn't take advantage of it but now I will!!!!

Me and Elder Felemi


Manuofetoa's Birthday

Mashed Potatoes my favorite YUM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment