Tonga

Elder Swan is serving in the Tonga Nuku'alofa Mission from July 2013 to July 2015



Thursday, October 3, 2013

I AM RIGHT WHERE I NEED TO BE--- 9/29/2013

     Well, this week was crazy... Sorta.  We had a lot of things happen but I'll only share the ones I feel like you would want to hear.  Well, we were talking to Stan and he always commits to doing something and never does it.  So I shared a scripture with him and the spirit really hit him and he said "I'll read as much as I can and you guys come back Sunday and we can talk about what I read." I was shocked, so we went back yesterday and he wasn't there.  I was crushed, I had waited all week for that.  Oh well.. Also we got a referral her mane is Seni (Jane).  She is LDS and is 18 years old.  She just got married a few weeks ago.  Her new family and even a lot of her family don't believe in our church and always razz her and put the church down.  She speaks English by the way :)  But we showed up and her mother-in-law left so we talked to her.  She said the night before she prayed so hard and asked for answers and someone to help her, and what do you know... The missionaries show up haha.  She was sick and really having a hard time, so I gave her a blessing.  We told her we were going to come back and teach her family and she said "well you better study a lot because they have a ton of questions.  So we went home and prepared for war! We went back when we had planned and they all got in the car and left.  I was bummed, kinda glad because I don't know Tongan haha.  But it was a blessing because we went to her neighbors house and there was a man named Maea.  We asked if we could visit and we shared the first lesson with him and he seemed interested and invited us back.  I was so stoked!  Oh and we also taught a girl named Silika.  We taught her the first lesson and asked her to be baptized and she agreed and really wants to.  It took all I had to hold in my excitement! Oh and one more really cool thing.  We were teaching Natasha and the Sisters came up and asked me to baptize one of their investigators.  So on Saturday... I baptized a boy named Sione Muti who is 14 years old and I did in the Tongan language. So cool!!!

     Natasha still wants to be baptized on the 11th and I can't wait. It's coming up!  Also we should be getting some more investigators and baptisms soon.  I love this work and I am right where I need to be!  I hope all is well back home!  I miss you and love you all!

'Ofa lahi atu!  Until next time, Melino! (Peace)

Looking Good  (First haircut in Tonga)

I got the box you sent and LOVED IT!!! I read all the letters at once...ooops!  I took pictures of me in the hat Pardoe sent me.




  
Our house is the size of my room at home, a little bigger actually. There is no kitchen, members feed us breakfast and dinner, no lunch.  Our bathroom.. we have a weird looking toilet and a shower with no shower head and it is freezing!!!
Dinner Time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment