Tonga

Elder Swan is serving in the Tonga Nuku'alofa Mission from July 2013 to July 2015



Thursday, October 31, 2013

Staying in Tofoa 10/27/2013


Dinner Time!!!
      Okay! So this week was kind of eventful for me in Tonga! Transfers were pushed back to last Wednesday and I stayed in Tofoa. Elder Fiefia was transferred to Kolofo'ou. My new companions name is Elder Kaumavae. He is from here and yes that means his English... What English?? Haha he knows as much English as I know Spanish! But I already love him! I try and be positive and patient with myself and at times it is hard. The language seems to have hit a HUGE wall and I can't really see any progression! But I know that through this the Lord is preparing something great. Tongans love when people try and learn their language so maybe that's why I struggle. Maybe someone will be willing to listen to a palangi speaking broken Tongan! So I know there is a reason. I had an interview with the Mission President and I asked him for a blessing. He gave me one and it comforted me so much and made me want to work twice as hard. I know that with this challenge God has given me will only help me with the language! Please maybe shoot me a prayer or something to help me out.
      So we got a new investigator named Asi. She doesn't like to listen. We teach her again tonight! After we taught Asi we went and taught Silika and committed her to be baptized on the 9th of November. That was super awesome! I also ran into a girl from Australia and she is staying here for 4 weeks. I am hoping to teach her soon. There are so many people here that are telinga veli. That means they hear what you are saying but don't really listen and do the things to know of the truth. But I love them and will NEVER give up on anyone!
I love you all!    Have a fantastic week!

'Ofa lahi atu!
Elder Swan
 
My new companion Elder Kaumavae

 Now... I have eaten a lot of weird things here... But nothing will beat this.. I don't think. Anyway on Friday I had the opportunity, or had to eat Kuli (dog). It was super strange but tasted very good! I don't really know how to describe it but it tasted kind of like steak! haha! Also I got to eat Puaka (pig) it was also good!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment