Tonga

Elder Swan is serving in the Tonga Nuku'alofa Mission from July 2013 to July 2015



Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Staying In Tofoa again~ No transfer 12/8/2013


Merry Christmas from Tonga!
     Well sorry ALL of your questions are not going to be answered about my transfer because it didn't happen. The Zone leaders lied, I am staying in Tofoa with Elder Kaumavae. But I did have a cool experience that I will tell you about later. So we got new Elders from the MTC last week. There is a palangi in our district named Elder Gagon from Sandy Utah. Haha Small world! He is a good guy, we talk a lot. He is in a three sum companionship with an Elder from Aussie and one from here in Tonga that just entered also. So we have a lot of people in our district now! It will be fun! We also got two new Zone leaders, one is from California and he is a stud. He played football so we talk about football a lot. He is really cool. The other one is from here and pretty funny, really high pitched voice. Again I have ties, candy and food missing!!! Kinda pathetic but what can you do. Fakatomala! So now I'll share about my week!
     Monday through Wednesday were a waste because we were waiting to be transferred. So nothing happened on those days just visiting with members! And as you can see I didn't get transferred. Thursday my Companion was sick so again nothing. I have been on my knees a lot this week praying that the Lord will lead me and my companion to new investigators. By Monday we had 6 new investigators and 3 in which want to be baptized before Christmas! How cool is that. Jessica Stagg said in a letter. "In a way you are Santa this year, you get to give people the Gospel" So how about that- Thanks Jess! But how cool would that be and what better gift to those people and to us and to Heavenly Father than a baptism!

God listens, He answers, Helps, and will NEVER leave you in any afflictions!
I love you all! From Tonga!
Happy Holidays
Elder Swan  

This church signs says-
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
We're Happily waiting for you
Killed this big Molokau last night. I saw it crawl under
Mavaes bed and we freaked out! We got bug spray,
whipped up a batch and killed the sucker. Man those things
 are FREAKY! Spiders are nothing now!  

No comments:

Post a Comment