Tonga

Elder Swan is serving in the Tonga Nuku'alofa Mission from July 2013 to July 2015



Wednesday, March 26, 2014

What is better than what I'm doing? 3/16/2014

Mom, Dad, Family of all sorts and sizes,

This week was pretty good! I was thinking it was gonna be a slow week but it turned out pretty well! Tuesday through Wednesday was kinda slow! We just visit with people and try to get them to help us but sometimes they are just too lazy! It's like, do they not know how important it is to help these people find eternal truth and happiness! Mosiah 28:3 " Now they were desirous that salvation should be declared to every creature, for they could not bear that any human soul should perish; yea, even the very thoughts that one soul should endure endless torment did cause them to quake and tremble" Why can't everyone be like this? D&C 88:81 "... and it becometh every man who has been warned to warn his neighbor" There is a lot of work to do! And It's not gonna get done with only missionaries! We need the help of those who have been "Warned" and if you are a member of this Gospel then yes, you have been warned and yes, it has been commanded of you to help share it and bring others to eternal happiness!  I like how in Mosiah it says they "Could not bear" They have been given such a strong love for all people and they would not stop until they helped all they could! I know it's hard because they aren't full time missionaries but even still, there is nothing more important than the Gospel in this life!  Some people let silly things get in the way of what is truly important, but we need to all remember how short this life is compared to Eternity! Shouldn't we want all our Brothers and Sisters with us? I know I do! And that is one thing that will be changing when I return home! I will put this gospel before all else!

Well that's my spiritual preaching today!

On Thursday we had a baptism! His name is Taniela! He is a ho'eiki! Which is a high Chief of this village! He's 37 and I love the guy! I don't know him very well but since I've been here he has quit smoking and has been baptized and received the holy ghost! He is on his way to be sealed to his family in a year! Also yesterday, Sunday night, we had a Musical Fireside! It was amazing!! You know Tongans and their Music, well in a spiritual setting WOW!!! Like nothing else. Here's how it went...
Song, Testimony, Song, Testimony, Song, Testimony etc.. all the missionaries in that stake were there and we all brought investigators or inactives and It was amazing!

Well that's about all that has happened in tiny old Houma! But Hey what is better than what I'm doing? I get tons of good study and get to share it!
I love you all and miss you all!
Ofa lahi atu!
Elder Swan


So some pictures wont send because they are too big! But I do have a funny not so fun story! I got this huge Punga (Idk the English word for that) under my arm pit! It was the size of a golf ball and it was almost like a boil. it got so big and painful I couldn't put my arm to my side. So I went to the Hospital and got some meds. The next day after a sleepless night, I woke up and there was a head on it so I could finally pop it! And oh boy did I do so! I had Elder Katolo film it and it is Hilarious!!!! We were dying! The pain was horrendous but it was so worth it! I put my fingers beside it, pushed super hard and PAAAAAA Tons of gunk squirted out and shot 4 feet to the wall and hit the mirror! There was enough to fill like 3 shot glasses! It was nasty!!! But it hurt!! But that's my nasty funny story of the week!

Dripping down the walls and all down my side... NASTY!!! I believe it is from the water in Vava'u. It's NOT CLEAN!!!
Sorry to disturb your Sabbath :)
Elder Swan

No comments:

Post a Comment