Tonga

Elder Swan is serving in the Tonga Nuku'alofa Mission from July 2013 to July 2015



Saturday, September 27, 2014

Sharing my Testimony 9/21/2014

This week we did not hear from Tyler so I thought I would share his testimony that he wrote in a letter a few months ago. 

I am writing this letter to share my testimony and to let you know how much I have grown. Not only in my stomach but in spirit. My testimony of this Gospel has become immovable. I have built my foundation on a rock and no storm can move that Rock. Even when people tell me I am wrong and that I am just a kid and don't know, I can stand up and say that I do know. I have searched and struggled to find an answer and I have found one. It's true and I know it! So starting with that I would like to share my testimony with all of you... Whoever ends up reading this.
Before I start I would like to thank mom and dad for the example (sipingu lelei) you've given me. I put you through a lot but I am here because of you and I thank you! It has been and will continue to be the best thing/experience in my life!
This Gospel is the most beautiful thing to have ever been placed on his earth. There are so many complicated working pieces to it as I go on in my study, but it is also very simple. Starting with faith in Christ. I've always been developing and strengthening my faith and I know that with faith all things are possible, I have had some faith testers, but through those only my faith has grown.
I have put my faith to action (mission, tracting, taking risks etc...) and I have found Christ will help as we put our faith to works!
Now what I want to focus on is my testimony of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I have done so much study on it and found so many answers. The Atonement is the heart of this Gospel. Without it there is no gospel, no repentance, no eternal life. Through and only through the Atonement we receive Eternal life. Jesus Christ... He is my redeemer, my savior, he is my life. He went to Gethsemane and took upon Him my sins. He signed his name over mine on each and every sin. The pain was incomprehensible and he could have stopped but he had already started and he would finish because of his love for his brother's and sister's, for Elder Swan. He had the support of an Angel to push him through. What blows my mind is that he went through Gethsemane then was betrayed and taken to be Crucified on the cross... The pain of being nailed hands and feet to a cross to only be mocked and tempted by Satan. He then, hanging on the cross being mocked and tempted went through the same pains as in the garden of Gethsemane . He paid for each of ours sins again. He went through it all again except this time there was no angel to comfort him, God withdrew his spirit leaving Christ completely alone. He could have come down and proved he was the Son of God but instead he went through pains no one could ever be able to comprehend , and died, 3 days later Resurrected and living again. Just for you and me, Elder Swan. Through this heroic act by my Lord and Savior I am now able to repent, become clean, follow his example and return to live with them and my family for eternity. 
He suffered and died for me, was resurrected and is now living. Through Him we can receive Eternal life. I'm looking forward to my growth in the Gospel to become an immovable mountain, not just a rock. I love you all so much... The church is true! Please find out for yourselves. Read the Book of Mormon, pray and know! It works!
I he huafa o sisu kalaisi
Your son and brother,
Elder Swan 

No comments:

Post a Comment