Tonga

Elder Swan is serving in the Tonga Nuku'alofa Mission from July 2013 to July 2015



Monday, October 13, 2014

Such a Spiritual Week 10/12/2014

Amanaki, me and Elder Patey
I'll start by answering questions~

The sisters are a lot more obedient! Haha They work really hard and always bring a smile and laugh to the meetings!

It is very hot here right now as it is in the Summer months!

I haven't been able to buy anything yet.

All my buddies are doing awesome!

Pres. comes to Vava'u every three months! He tries to interview with us all but I haven't interviewed with him for 6 months or more! He actually is coming Wednesday so I'm excited for that!

About the package just said anything you want! I like things that bring back memories! Like candy or idk anything! I also want a copy of the conference edition of the ensign! I got to listen to it in Tongan so I didn't quite get all the details!

So this week started off as the most Spiritual week of my life! After I e- mailed you on Monday we walked to Koloa, a 5 mile walk to meet with Amanaki. We taught him lesson 3 which is the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It was probably one of the best lessons I have ever taught and the most Spiritual also! The Spirit was there and He felt it! We invited him to be baptized and he said "Pau  ke u a'u ki ai!" Which pretty much means "I will make it there! It's for sure" He just wasn't sure when! So on Wednesday we taught the commandments to him! He understood them all and committed to living them all. We asked when he would like to be baptized and he said Wednesday the 22nd. Me, thinking he was ready now to be baptized said, If that's what you think is best then I agree lets do it but In all honesty I think you are ready! I know you are ready and I was thinking Saturday the 18th! He smiled and said First I need to call my dad and get permission and if I get it by Saturday then Saturday it is! If not, then Wednesday! I trust you! (His dad is the Preacher of the Wesleyan Church so please pray that he will answer yes!)  So we will find out this week when he will be baptized! I have honestly never felt this way towards another person in my life! When I first met Amanaki I felt like I knew him from somewhere! Thinking about it I am pretty positive I knew him before the Earth was created! He may be the reason why I'm here in Tonga! in Tu'anekivale! I have the deepest love for this young man and I am so happy I was able to find him when we did!

Conference was great I loved Richard G. Scott's talk in the Sunday afternoon session! He said a few things I loved! "Family prayer should be a non-negotiable priority in your daily life" also "Feasting upon the word of God is more important than sleep, school, work, television shows, video games, and social media."  And the last thing  "Don't let anyone or anything prevent you from going to the Temple!" How amazing are all those things! I also enjoyed Carlos A. Godoy's talk about making choices! I like the question he invites us to think about "If we continue to live as we are living, will the promised blessings be fulfilled?" If there needs to be a change then lets make that change! Do all you can to receive the promised blessings from our Patriarchal blessings! Go to the temple when you have a difficult decision to make! I would if I could that's for sure.. haha

Well Family I love you all so very much! Can't wait to see that new chick-flick!
Ofa lahi atu mei ho'omo foha,
Elder Swan

No comments:

Post a Comment