Tonga

Elder Swan is serving in the Tonga Nuku'alofa Mission from July 2013 to July 2015



Tuesday, November 18, 2014

New Island ~ New Adventure 11/16/2014

Back together~ Bunting, Harmon, Swan, Freer and Berry
As you know this week was pretty great!! It was kind of bitter sweet though. I left Vava'u on Tuesday. The Zones took me to the airport at 10:00 and left me there alone with no companion. The plane finally left around 12:45 and it was a very short plane ride about 35 min. As I looked out of the window I could see my home, my family and friends slipping further and further away. It's weird, but I got a glimpse of how it is going to feel coming home to you guys! It's gonna hurt... I watched those beautiful Vava'u islands fade in the distance. Yes, tears rolled down my checks as I thought I may never see those wonderful people again... it was rough. As I landed in Ha'apai I was reassured that's where I needed to be. I walked off the plane expecting EVERYONE to be there... Well, it didn't go quite as planned. I walked off the plane and kinda sat in the airport for 45 minutes. Nobody came so somebody offered me a ride. He was a priesthood holder and I saw his Eternal Smile through his shirt. So I knew it was safe. He took me straight to the church where they were having the Zone meeting! There I was greeted by Bunting, Freer, Berry and Harmon with big hugs and smiles! It was so incredible to see my buddies again! I was correct in my thoughts... They all looked like they've been through hell and back. They were happy but this mission tears us down. But it's the Lord's work and we just keep pushing through. It's pretty incredible!
This week we pretty much just met the members and taught a less-active. This less active is now pretty strong and just got the Aaronic Priesthood last Sunday. We are trying to teach his wife but she won't listen. We have a F.H.E. with her tonight. He explained to us that his heart just aches when he walks to church alone. All he wants is to go to church with his wife. He knows the importance of Family in the Gospel and just wants his family to be together. It breaks my heart! But we love him and will continue to teach him. I already had a baptismal interview with Bunting's investigator, he got baptized on Saturday!
My companion Is Elder Tu'itavuki and he is from Utah. He is a really tall kid Haha! He is hilarious. We have a good time! The house we live in is just one room. It is very nice. We have 3 fans and there is lots of room to do insanity!
Freer and Berry just came in and we got to see them for a few hours.

That's it for our week! I'll send pictures in a different email.
Ofa atu!
Elder Swan

Love these boys

Blake and Tyler
 




No comments:

Post a Comment