Tonga

Elder Swan is serving in the Tonga Nuku'alofa Mission from July 2013 to July 2015



Monday, March 30, 2015

It's been a good week 3/29/2015


My new workout :)
This past week has been good! I have enjoyed working and loved meeting new people.

So we have an investigator that we have been teaching who is 23 and searching for answers. We've been teaching him for 3 weeks now and he has come to church 4 times!! When I say searching for answers I mean he is SEARCHING for answers! I have never taught anyone with so many questions!!! It is crazy. I learn so much from teaching him! He knows the bible really well (almost any Tongan knows the bible more than themselves...) and has so many questions! His biggest question was a difficult one to answer. He didn't believe that Jesus Christ was a God. So that was his question. We answered it the best we could without arguing with him and then just testified. For about another week he didn't believe it. We would just continue to testify and then move on. (We are really stressing learning by faith and if we shared every verse we knew about Christ being a God it would be more proving it to him. It would be us acting upon him and not letting him act for himself. Plus if he learns for himself he is more likely to gain a stronger testimony.) So one day at the end of the lesson he said "What if I still don't believe that Christ is a god when it comes to the day I'll get baptized on?" I explained we would delay the baptism and keep teaching him. He then said "Well, I was reading John 14 and as I read and pondered and prayed I felt that it was true, that what you guys said was true. I'm beginning to believe it!!" Man I was going crazy! I was happier than ever. So we set his date for next Saturday! Other than that we have been visiting a lot of my companions family trying to teach them!! They are really strong in their church's! 

This week we had 3 meetings. 2 leadership training's and one zone meeting.. We are learning the importance of learning by faith and how to help investigators learn by faith! We are inviting investigators to be baptized before we even start the first lesson. It has been fun trusting in the Lord and Holy Ghost to guide us as we ask in faith and invite these souls to come unto Christ. 

That's about it for this week! I love you all tons!!!

Ofa atu!!
Elder Swan

No comments:

Post a Comment